Chicago: Two women accused of stabbing security guard 27 times after he asked them to wear masks, use hand sanitizer

CHICAGO, IL – Two women stand accused of brutally stabbing a security guard at a Snipes Clothing Store in Chicago after he asked them to wear masks and use hand sanitizer inside the store.

The incident occurred on October 25th when the security guard confronted the 18-year-old, Jayla Hill, and her older sister, 21-year-old Jessica Hill, for refusing to wear masks and use hand sanitizer in the store.  When the pair refused to follow the store policy, the guard told them to leave.

Enraged that the guard was telling them what to do, Jayla allegedly took out her cell phone and told the 6 foot-5, 300-pound guard that she was calling someone to “kick his ass.”  The guard then reached out to take the cellphone to prevent her from making the situation worse.

That’s when both Jessica and Jayla allegedly began attacking the guard.  Surveillance video reportedly captured Jessica removing what authorities described as a “comb knife.” She began repeatedly stabbing the guard about his neck, back, and arms. 

Jayla allegedly grabbed the guard’s hair to hold him while Jessica continued the savage attack.

The guard and an assistant manager of the store kept calling for the sisters to stop the attack.  When the guard broke free, the women began kicking him in the head and body, according to reports.  After the attack, the sisters allegedly began taunting the guard and calling him a “bitch.”

Despite his injuries, the guard kept the sisters inside the store until the police arrived on scene.  The officers arrested the sisters on attempted murder charges.  The guard was transported to the hospital for medical treatment.  He suffered 27 stab wounds but did not require any surgery. Authorities have not released his name.

An attorney for the sisters claims the knife attack was an act of self-defense by the sisters.  


Cook County Judge Mary Marubio, who oversaw the initial court proceedings, was quite concerned about the attack. Marubio mentioned the number of stab wounds inflicted on the guard saying it was concerning.  She likened the number of wounds to something normally seen in a domestic violence case.  She said: 

“It’s the complete randomness of this.  It’s terrifying. This is just too random and quickly escalating.  I can’t fashion conditions that would protect the community.”

Marubio said she could not create bond conditions that could safeguard the community from the sisters. The judge ordered both held without bond. 

A manager at a store nearby, Rosalyn Frazier, spoke to the Chicago Sun-Times about the incident after hearing about it from co-workers.  She said:

“I’m kind of wary because we often have to tell customers to wear their masks, and they get irate and don’t want to do it.  We had a customer the other day that didn’t want to wear a mask and we needed to call the police.  It’s crazy.”

Frazer spoke of frustration over this event and the need to tell people to wear their masks inside the store.  She said:

“We just got to work together.  And if we don’t, we are going to be locked down again and be out of work for another four months.”


Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

October 29, 2020


CHICAGO, IL – Chicago continues to be battered by shootings and other violent crimes with no end in sight.  Although weekends have seen the most shootings, it is clear that violence never truly rests in the Windy City.

While Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot speaks fervently about the safety of citizens, she only addresses the virus pandemic and not these regular shooting deaths that kill more people.  The responses to her Twitter posts are predominantly concerning shootings and resulting deaths.

Fox 32 Chicago reports that over this past weekend, at least 23 people were shot – 6 fatally.

On the previous weekend, 33 were shot, 7 fatally.

Here’s a recap of this weekend’s activity:

  • A 25-year-old male was found shot in the head under a train trestle off of South St Louis Avenue. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
  • A suspected burglar was killed by a homeowner in Marquette Park.
  • Around 11:15 PM Sunday, a man was shot dead by a homeowner during a burglary on South Mozart Street.
  • Saturday night, a man was killed in a shooting in Humboldt Park on the West Side.
  • Daryl Hampton was sitting in a vehicle on North Lawndale Avenue when someone approached the vehicle and fired shots – he was struck in the chest and leg and was transported by EMS but pronounced dead at the hospital.
  • Early Saturday morning, a man was shot to death in Fuller Park.
  • Saturday evening, Shamar Rice, a 30-year-old male from the West Swann Street area got into a verbal altercation that escalated into a physical argument, and ultimately, a shooting. Rice was pronounced dead at the scene.  A suspect was apprehended.
  • Earlier Saturday, a 32-year-old man was shot and killed in Roseland.
  • Deshawn McKinney was sitting in a car about 4:30 p.m. in the 11400 block of South Calumet Avenue when someone pulled up in a vehicle and fired shots, officials said. McKinney was struck in the back of the head and multiple times throughout his body. He was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he died.
  • Also on Saturday, a man was killed in a shooting in Humboldt Park on the West Side.
  • ON Saturday, as well, Chicago PD officers responded to a call of shots fired about 3:15 a.m. found Roberto Morales Galindo, 47, facedown bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds in the 1300 block of North Harding Avenue, officials said. He was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
  • One of several non-fatal attacks occurred when two people were shot at a home in East Garfield Park on the West Side.
  • Again on Saturday, Officers responding to a call of shots fired about 3:35 a.m. found a 21-year-old woman lying next to the entrance of a home in the 3200 block of West Maypole Avenue, police said. The woman had been shot multiple times and was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in critical condition.
  • A 27-year-old man showed up to the hospital later with a gunshot wound to his thigh, saying he had been shot at the same location, police said. He was in good condition and refused to answer any more questions about the shooting.
  • Saturday morning, two people were wounded in a shooting on the South Side.
  • Officers responded about 11:40 a.m. to the 1100 block of East 87th Street and found a male with gunshot wounds to his chest and lower back, police said. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical center. His condition was not immediately known.
  • Later, another male showed up at Trinity Hospital with a gunshot wound from the same incident, police said. He is listed in stable condition.
  • The weekend’s earliest reported shooting left a man wounded Friday evening in South Chicago.
  • About 7:50 p.m. Friday, a 28-year-old man was in a home in the 7900 block of South Saginaw Avenue when someone walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the ear and leg, police said.
  • At least 12 other people were wounded in citywide shootings between 5 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First